The Domaine de la Dombes offers private visits of 1h o learn the exciting job of animal carer and discover the nursery and its babies.
Through this immersion in the heart of the animals’ parks, live a ludic and convivial experience. During which, children and parents will be directly immersed in the action and invited to work hands-on.
Our 2 private visits with an animal carer
To be as close as possible to the babies
The educational visit stars with the presentation of the different effs but also the feathers collected in the aviary. Not easy to guess from which species they come? Virginie, the expert, is here to help the kids and answer all of their far-fetched questions.
Then, comes the pampering of those eggs, we learn to check them with a lamp. The impregnated will be placed in an incubator, then after a few weeks they will be placed in a hatcher. A bit of patience for the babies to come out of their shell!
After the theory, comes the practice! It’s time to take care of the new-born. First of all, inspection of the food and water mess tin, followed by the discovery of the births, the maintenance of the pen, no time to get bored! Finally, the diploma ceremony of the deserving apprentice animal carer ends this adventure.
They tested the nursery visit of the Domaine de la Dombes
Ains’tant soigneur visit
Animals are your passion? Come discover the job of animal carer at the Domaine de la Dombes and spend a special time with the animals.
Which park to choose?
– The small farm with GUSTINE and GABIE the goats, joyous and especially gourmet. Where the first task of the apprentice animal carer will be to fuel them with hay. Then, treat them with some green leaves this way, some caresses that way… They share the pen with a bunch of rabbits and guinea pigs that don’t let themselves be caressed easily, however a delicious dandelion could make them change their mind.
– The aviary, little haven of peace for our feathery friends Beware where you walk, between the ducks’ droppings and the risk of rushing a hen, a pheasant or a peacock. On the schedule, a little egg hunt. Well hidden, it is hard to differ the real ones from the fake ones placed by our animal carers. We then learn that those fake eggs are really a precious help to encourage the egg-laying. Depending on the time, the aviary is also a feather field. Some longs, some smaller, some colourful, there are so many species in the aviary. Thankfully, Flavien is here to share its knowledge in the matter.
– The small donkeys’ park to encounter the last resident, a cute colt born in April The dad NOUGAT and the mom PTIT GRIS are not frightful and let themselves be caressed and groomed easily. The apprentice animal carer is so occupied hugging the colt that they don’t even think about feeding them!
Little farm – small donkeys park – aviary
Conditions & booking:
- 60€ an hour or privatisation
- Up to 6 persons maximum (1 adult obligatory)
- Ain’stant soigneur visit from 4.15pm to 5.15pm
- Nursery visit from 10am to 11am or from 5.30pm to 6.30pm
- From April to November
Booking by phone precising the type of visit, the date and the time slot wanted.
Offer a privileged moment
with the animals
What if you offered a gift coupon for an animal visit for a birthdayor as a reward for good school results? Too many toys, no original idea for this year… A precious moment to share as a family will for sure make your child happy (2 years validity).Offer a gift coupon
Did you know?
Since 2020, the Domaine de la Dombes opened its nursery in order to sensitize on the fauna in general and particularly the fauna of the Dombes. In order to assure the wellbeing of all our residents, know that the funds collected by the visits, the sponsorship and the donations, are redistributed to our association Ain’stinct Animal.
A variety of species are born each year to the greatest pleasure of the animal carer and the visitors.